The village show will be held on Saturday 11th September 2021 (subject to Covid regulations).
We encourage all ages and abilities to join in and submit entries.
Entries between 9.00 and 11.30 am only
Closed for judging between 11.45 am and 2.00 pm
Open to the public from 2.00 pm
Auction at 3.30 pm in the Church
Collection of not-for-sale items after auction
All proceeds to village based projects
Rules and Entry Conditions
- As the show is designed to bring the community together, entries are restricted to people who have a bona fide connection with Church Broughton.
- All entries to be submitted between 9.30 and 11.30am and to remain on show until the auction.
- The judging of entries will begin at 11.45am
- The show opens to the public at 2.00pm
- No competitor may win more than one prize in any one class
- The judges decision is final
- Horticultural and cookery entries not marked as not for sale are deemed to have been given to the Village Show Committee and will be auctioned in aid of charity.
- The committee will not be liable for any loss or damage to exhibits.
- All exhibits will have been grown or made by the exhibitor
- The winners of the various cups must undertake to return them to the Chairman of the Show two weeks before the next show.
- The Committee reserves the right to refuse any exhibit and in the event of such re-fusal it is not required to give any reason or explanation. Any exhibit which does not conform to the wording of the Schedule shall be disqualified and the entry card marked accordingly.
- Where the number or quantity of plants, flowers, fruit or vegetables is specified in the Schedule for a class, vase, dish or collection, any exhibit with more or less than the specified amount will be disqualified.
- Any award may be withheld if the exhibits are considered unworthy
- The show will be conducted in accordance with the rules and standards contained in The RHS Horticultural Show Handbook except where, under the Schedule, they obvi-ously do not apply.
- In the fruit and vegetable classes exhibits must be placed on the provided plates.
- All entries for junior categories are free, all others a fee of 50p per entry applies
- LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED