May 2021 – UPDATE!
The Church Broughton Memories book has arrived! We’ll be sending out a CB.com village email shortly but – in case you miss that – here are the details of how to buy a copy (or six…)
The book costs £10 each.
- Pay in cash
- If you would like to pay by BACS, let Yvette know in advance using her email address below. You will receive an email from us confirming the payment which you can show (on phone or printout) in exchange for your book(s).
For BACS, our bank account details are:
Treasurer Account Name – ‘Church Broughton Village Hall & Playing Field Committee’
Sort Code – 30 92 59
Account Number – 03482559
Books are available to collect from:
- Broughton Hub, Chapel Lane (during opening hours)
- Christine Prince, Rose Cottage, Main St (585873; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Yvette Lydon, Raeburn, Boggy Lane (585481; email@example.com)
In early 2021, the Village Hall & Playing Fields Charity committee put out the call to the community asking for photographs, recipes and other recollections from the previous year of coronavirus lockdown. An existing Facebook group, set up by Rachel Dixon and called “Church Broughton Community Memories”, was already accumulating lots of fantastic pictures and posts from the period and was the inspiration for the development of this combined cookbook and photo collection.
The “Church Broughton Memories: Lockdown Photos and Recipes” book is almost ready for printing and the VH&PFC committee are pleased to present here a preview. We would be very grateful if you could give us an indication of whether you would like to buy a copy of this memento of Broughton life through the pandemic (or more than one, to make a gift); the book will be around 120 pages long and cost £10 each.
Please let the committee know via firstname.lastname@example.org or call Yvette Lydon on 585481 so we can make an estimate of how many copies to have printed.
We hope that this preview gives you a flavour of the quality of the book, the rich content found in the recipes and photographs and a demonstration of the community spirit we enjoy in the village.
– VH&PFC Committee, April 2021